Please note that for the purposes of EU data protection legislation the “data controller” is COI SPA.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide voluntarily by filling in forms in this Website or by contacting us through our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services, registering for specific use of this Website, posting material and information about yourself (such as personal profiles, photographs), or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with this Website. If you contact us, we may keep a record.
- We may also ask you to complete the surveys that we use for research purposes, you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits on this Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or the resources that you access.
Please note that registration for services offered on this Website and processing of relevant personal date by COI is limited to users who are 14 years of age or older.
We never use or install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer. Like many websites, we use “cookies”, which are files stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser. Cookies help us to identify account holders and to optimize their site experience. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. We recommend that you leave cookies “turned on” so that we can offer you a better experience on this Website.
The following chart will explain cookies that you use.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use data held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To ensure that content from this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (including your smartphone or other electronic device).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, including to display your information to other users of the Website and to facilitate user interaction with other users on this Website.
- To notify you about our changes and services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who help us administer this Website (such as our Internet service providers) or to provide the services you are requesting, both in Italy and elsewhere within or outside of the EEA. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information at COI.
We may retain your personal information and the personal data we process for as long as needed to provide the services. We also retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and retention requirements as provided by law in applicable jurisdictions. If you provide credit, debit or other payment card and related details to us in order to make a payment, we will use those details only for the purpose of processing the payment.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You have the right to receive information about which personal data concerning you is processed and in which manner the data is processed. You are also entitled to request rectification or deletion of your personal data, or to withdraw at any time your consent to our data processing.
COI SPA may store and process your personal data as long as you do not request them to be deleted.
Any such request shall be made in writing to COI SPA, Via Por Santa Maria, 8n (2nd floor) – 50122 Florence, Italy or through firstname.lastname@example.org
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We understand appropriate measures to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please note that communications you send to us through this Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.